Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thank you Dundalk

By Eunan Whyte, Dundalk Democrat

STEPHEN Staunton has sent a big thank you message to everyone in Dundalk for their magnificent recent show of support which he said had helped him through his recent difficult patch.
The Republic of Ireland manager came in for a lot of personal and professional criticism after a poor start to the European Championship qualfiers but has acknowledged that the backing of his home town has helped him come through.

Stephen has always been fiercly proud of his roots and was delighted that when it came to the crunch, the support from Dundalk was unwavering. He admits that it is something which helped him and his family through a difficult time."Once again, the people of Dundalk have been magnificent to me and my family. We took great heart from all the messages of support we received", said Stephen. "It's nice to know that the people of Dundalk are looking out for me and my family and that they are fully supportive of my efforts as manager of the Republic of Ireland. I hope I can repay their faith in me over the next few years."

 
Blogging Secret